Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year's Blog-a-lution

WOWZERS! It has been well over a whole year since I last blogged, and what a time that has been! Many moments I thought to blog, but never quite got round to it... So here we are, 2015 and a New Years resolution to blog waaaaay more frequently!

Last year was a year of absolute dreams come true! First off, I wrote a book, which was one to tick off the bucket list.... I was approached by a publisher just at the moment I was contemplating about how to go about getting published. Here is the result, which you can buy online here: Love Leather Accessories


Here's a little peek inside...


So that was all written by February, and in March, my darling man whisked me off to Paris where he proposed at the Sacre Coeur:



Of course I said, 'OF COURSE!!'


In April I began the task of making 80 slug wedding favours, in preparation for our August wedding- we didn't wanna hang about with a long engagement!


In May I made the decision to close my little shop, which had been the most stable and constant part of my life for almost the last 4 years- it was something I'd been mulling over for quite some time. With the online side of the business doing so well, I just didn't have the time to run the shop as well, so the decision was made, and the following two months were filled with the mammoth task of clearing everything out...

  
 It was sad to say goodbye, not only to the shop itself, but to all the lovely customers and friends I made over the years...

  July saw me move into Bournemouth's Vintage Emporium, filling a small space with Love From Hetty & Dave delights...

 
August was manic, preparing for the wedding as well as fitting in a week's holiday in Cornwall. On the 23rd of August we got married at Salisbury Cathedral, and then celebrated in a small village hall in Sopley. Literally the best day of my life...
 




I don't think I've ever smiled so much in one day!!
This is me and my Papa...


  In September we finally moved into our lovely little house...It stinks of nicotine, and needs decorating top to toe, but I love it!


In the blink of an eye I had my new home studio up and running, after, quite frankly, far too much time not doing any work whatsoever!

  October saw the launch of the book...



...The super popular sparkly pussy cat shoes...

 
... and the 'Make Your Own' fox kit...





 
November was my busiest month EVER. I have never sent soooo many orders out, and all single handedly which was really rather exhausting! 



And resulted in my studio looking a little bit like this...

  I also bid adieu to the Vintage Emporium, as sadly I didn't have the time to keep it looking all fresh and lovely, and decided to concentrate on spreading the love online! 




I had a super time selling at Lou Lou's Vintage Fair at Bournemouth Pavilion, catching up with old customers from the shop, so I hope to do more of these events in 2015.

  And then it was December... A busy start to the month, and then a truly delightful rest as I began plotting my moves for the year ahead. 

This is me, plotting...

  So after that pretty bonkers 2014 round up, I wish you all a very happy new year, and am sooo excited for all the snazzy new things I have planned for 2015 which I hope to share with you!

Massive great big lovings for the New Year

XX














No comments: